Monday, March 26, 2007

Wet Weekend - Tequila and OJ

Jeez, got a little teaser of good weather - enough to start drying out the trails, and then the skies open up. Really - I'm gonna bust if I can't get in a solid 5 days of riding a week. This whole being fat and slow thing is starting to get kinda old.

On to more important issues... alcohol
I considered giving up drinking to help with the weight loss, get fast routine. Obviously that consideration quickly died.
I've been toying with the idea of a compromise. No beer? I know that this is unfathomable to those who know me... but that belly's been screaming to be downsized. If the no beer idea becomes a rule - then I'll need to find a less dangerous (to my midsection's diameter) alternative. Tequila and OJ? Tequila straight is always fun, but that seems like running down the slippery slope instead of trying to avoid it.
The problem with mixed drinks is the effort level and complication involved. It's pretty tough to get store bought mixes to taste right, and I really don't want to be making something complicated on a daily basis. I like Tequila and OJ - you don't need to buy anejo (silver works just fine) and it's a 2 component drink. Easy. I know, I know - a little grenadine goes a long way... but 2 components seems awfully easy to manage, and hard to screw up.
I don't think that I've ever gotten a hangover from this combo... but there's always a first.

So I have yet to find a name for this concoction... it seems to be too archaic for the masses. I'll deem this drink the "Wet Weekend" until I come up with something better.

Today's words of wisdom -
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." Mark Twain

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online